Vegan Mexican Tortilla Soup
A tasty vegan version of this Tex-Mex classic.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 hr 20 mins
Total Time1 hr 30 mins
- 2 peppers Chipotle in Adobo Sauce
- 2 15oz cans Diced tomatoes
- 2/3 cup Dried pinto beans
- 2/3 cup Dried black beans
- 1 cup Uncooked white rice
- 1 cup Frozen sweet corn
- 1 whole Onion
- 2 tbsp Minced garlic
- 1 packet Low sodium taco seasoning
- 2 tsp Ground coriander
- 1/2 cup Chopped fresh cilantro optional garnish
- 1 whole Diced avocado optional garnish
Step One: Cooking the beans
Add dried pinto and black beans to Instant Pot and cover with water to the first fill line. Cook on high pressure for 40 minutes, release pressure, drain excess water, rinse with cool water, and return to Instant pot.
Step Two: Creating the soup base
Add two cans of tomatoes, five tomato cans worth of water (roughly 80 ounces), frozen corn, taco seasoning packet, ground coriander, and diced onions and chipotle peppers. Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes and release pressure.
Step Three: Add rice for final cooking phase
Add uncooked white rice, and cook on high pressure for 20 minutes. Once complete, serve in bowls with homemade baked tortilla chips (see recipe below) and garnish with cilantro and avocado if desired.